ebay rocks my socks

Pretty self-explanatory
laughingcrow

ebay rocks my socks

Post by laughingcrow »

Have just got 'mint' versions of Live at the El Mocambo and Out of this idiot for a song off of ebay... that is one very good website! The inlays were all perfect and everything, and they even had the advert slips for 2 1/2yrs and the Demon fanclub..glee!!! :P

Am in process of consuming (aurally you understand) OOTI...liking what I hear!

:twisted:
HungupStrungup

on the other hand there's Really Big Nothing

Post by HungupStrungup »

Out of Our Idiot has some very fine songs, and for the right price it's well worth having even at this late date, even if all that material will show up on the Rhino reissues

I'm particularly fond of "Baby It's You," "Heathen Town," "So Young" and "The Flirting Kind," but there's a lot to be said for "Baby's Got a Brand New Hairdo," "Little Goody Two Shoes," "Black Sails in the Sunset," "Turning the Town Red" and "From Head to Toe." I like his take on Yoko's "Walking on Thin Ice," and "Shoes Without Heels" has a certain charm as well.

Once again, as he established with Taking Liberties/10 Bloody Marys. . ., EC's throwaways are better than most people's hits.

And of course, the El Mocambo album is just wonderful!
"But it's a dangerous game that comedy plays
Sometimes it tells you the truth
Sometimes it delays it"
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Out of Our Idiot is still the only place to find Goody 2 Shoes
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Cheers guys....am currently madly in l :P ve with Little goody two shoes...

It says in the LATEM review in the sleeve about Nick Lowe singing EC songs in an encore on the night...not included on the album...
anyone know anything about this little set?????

:twisted:
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

I can just remember this as I had the show on cassette before the vinyl album appeared.

He did 4 or 5 numbers with the Attractions, just don't ask me what they were!
Four eyes - one vision
littletriggers

Post by littletriggers »

I'm a huge fan me of 'Black Sails In The Sunset'
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

it was Out of Our Idiot that was a first revelation that EC was not merely making an annual album commitment to the loyal fans, and dynamically adapting to a changing musical landscape. I realized that there was something out-standing about this performer. When the releases are accrued in order of release, the continuity seemed fragile and confused...like EC was just randomly sampling musical genre's and assessing the fit. But with Out of Our Idiot it was time to see the artist outside the progression and think "Hmmmm, this is curious?!"...

And it all depends on what the meaning of the word "curious" is. In this case, it was a first understanding that things outside the progression were equally artistic and entertaining.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

When Out of Our Idiot came out I regularly saw it in the Various Artists section of record shops! It was credited to Various due to EC's pseudonyms on the album.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Out of Our Idiot is still the only place to find Goody 2 Shoes
Two questions -

I have only heard the IB reissue Little Goody Two Shoes 'alternate version', is the original very different?

The only other thing unavailable on the Rhino reissues would be A Town Called Big Nothing, right?
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

bambooneedle wrote:I have only heard the IB reissue Little Goody Two Shoes 'alternate version', is the original very different?
Yes, it's very different, much faster than the one on the Rhino CD.
The only other thing unavailable on the Rhino reissues would be A Town Called Big Nothing, right?
Yes... unless you count the alternate mix of "Get Yourself Another Fool."