Big Love

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Big Love

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Anyone else on the board watch this HBO series? I've been hooked. More of Harry Dean Stanton, please. Monday's episode started drifting off into David Lynch territory, and I'm eager to find out where it goes.

I'm sad to see that the sexy Serbian waitress will no longer feature as a character. :(
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Goddamn spoilers! I didn't see the last one yet! Although I wasn't really expecting Bill to get married AGAIN.

I think this show is one of the best-written and best-acted things on tv, now that "The Sopranos" and "Deadwood" are both off the air. And despite the patriarchal setup they've got going on, "Big Love" offers meatier roles for actresses than just about any other show I've seen, period. Even Chloe Sevigny is good in it!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Eeek, sorry!

Well, I could be wrong about Ana.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I've been watching Brothers and Sisters, which is quite traditional in style, family drama stuff, Knots Landingesque, but very watchable. All interesting and involving. Welshman Matthew Rhys's American accent sounds convincing to me. His relationship with Scotty is one of the more interesting aspects of it.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

Was watching Brothers & Sisters with Mrs RtHtW and commented that US family dramas were much better than ours. However, within a minute I was proven wrong when two previouly bickering parents at a sick childs bedside turned to each other and said "I love you". I could have puked.
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Knots Landingesque,
well, that would keep me away.

I don't get HBO, so I can't comment on Big Love. I was enthralled with The Riches, but not so enamoured of their time slot.

Something called Mad Men is supposed to debut on AMC tonight, and it looked good, but I'm otherwise engaged
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Been out of town celebrating kid birthday, etc. I LOVE this show. Doc and I have missed the past two episodes, although I think at least one of them was a rerun. I really enjoy it and Harry Dean especially. What a bastard he is on there! Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things again when the kids go back to school - it's always easier for me to catch all my shows when they go to bed sooner. :lol:

And really really waiting on Weeds premier!
miss buenos aires

Spooky, there are some new characters that make Roman Grant look like a kindly old grandpa!

WSS, I think it's interesting how it seemed like Bill basically backed off the Serbian chick because Margene liked her too much. Although within the internal logic of the show, she's be kind of superfluous, because you have the wife who grew up with polygamy, the one upon whom it was somewhat foisted, and the one who chose it freely. Ana would just have been a sidekick for Margene.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Yeah but I kind of liked to see Margene happy. Bill's rejection of Ana seemed very sudden and sort of pointless after they spent a few episodes setting up the relationship. I wonder if she will return at some later date.
miss buenos aires

What I thought was a little heartless about the way the whole thing ended was that Margene ditched her in the middle of their hanging out because Bill called from the parking lot--and then she never came back! And Bill's car had to have been left in the parking lot overnight! And they were making out right in front of the restaurant!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

What the hell? Just finished watching tonight's episode!@?>?!<>?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Haven't seen it yet. Don't give anything away.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Anybody been watching? I wanna talk about it!!!

I adored hearing I'm the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA on last night's episode . I hadn't thought about that song in a million years, but found myself singing right along.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Spoiler Alert.........

I'm an episode behind, so I got to Roman Grant's shooting, which was out of the blue, but haven't gone beyond that yet.